Some recent raps
Kendrick Lamar in the ‘hai. Pretty cool. Check out those Ofo bikes!
Great Chengdu group: Higher Brothers. I find them delightful!
And something a bit more chill:
Podcasts are enjoyable especially when on the subway, airplane and especially during morning walks. I look forward to getting up early to listen to some positive podcasts like The Lively Show or a laughter inducing Slate Culture Gabfest. A feel good vibe or a few good laughs coupled with some *fresh air and exercise is my perfect start to any day. Followed by coffee and a nice breakfast of course.
*fresh for China, I live in Shanghai so there is no real thing as fresh air here
Below are my top ten podcasts to listen to any time.
- The Lively Show – one of my new favorite self-helpy podcasts. Jess’s voice and message are uplifting and a nice way to start the day.
- Slate Culture Gabfest – a fun show on pop culture and recent happenings. The hosts always have fun and it puts a smile on my face.
- Happier – Easy tips and tricks to make life a little happier!
- Slate DoubleX Gabfest – a sibling to the Culture Gabfest the DoubleX gabfest focuses on women topics and still keeps things lively.
- All Songs Considered – a great way to keep up-to-date on what’s new and cool in the music world. Music, a hobby of mine (one day I will learn to play guitar), is always changing, and this podcasts helps me stay relevant and is one of my favorite ways to learn about new songs and musicians.
- Sounds Opinions – an old favorite and great way to get more in-depth info on bands, albums and music.
- Limitless Laowai – a new favorite and a great voice for the laowai (means foreigner) community in Shanghai and China. I love Ally Mona’s positive message and varied topics.
- 20 Minute Yoga Sessions – free, mini yoga classes. These vary for different purposes and are great pick-me-ups!
It seemed like a being heat wave when Kyle and I returned from America but this morning we woke up to snow. It was the wet snow that doesn’t skip but being that Korea doesn’t scoop or plow snow I had my fingers crossed for a snow day…no such luck!
I have been working on getting out of my post-vacation slump with arts and crafts and new things to look forward to. I just purchased some new music that is great but that makes me want to stay in the house until spring comes!
My favorite podcast Sound Opinions did an episode on unusual Christmas music. If you are tired of the same ol same, ol Christmas music head on over here and you can listen to all the songs for free. It’s kind of fun and at least it isn’t Bob Dylan’s Christmas Album(which is soooooo bad!). Merry, merry!