Podcasts are enjoyable especially when on the subway, airplane and especially during morning walks. I look forward to getting up early to listen to some positive podcasts like The Lively Show or a laughter inducing Slate Culture Gabfest. A feel good vibe or a few good laughs coupled with some *fresh air and exercise is my perfect start to any day. Followed by coffee and a nice breakfast of course.
*fresh for China, I live in Shanghai so there is no real thing as fresh air here
Below are my top ten podcasts to listen to any time.
- The Lively Show – one of my new favorite self-helpy podcasts. Jess’s voice and message are uplifting and a nice way to start the day.
- Slate Culture Gabfest – a fun show on pop culture and recent happenings. The hosts always have fun and it puts a smile on my face.
- Happier – Easy tips and tricks to make life a little happier!
- Slate DoubleX Gabfest – a sibling to the Culture Gabfest the DoubleX gabfest focuses on women topics and still keeps things lively.
- All Songs Considered – a great way to keep up-to-date on what’s new and cool in the music world. Music, a hobby of mine (one day I will learn to play guitar), is always changing, and this podcasts helps me stay relevant and is one of my favorite ways to learn about new songs and musicians.
- Sounds Opinions – an old favorite and great way to get more in-depth info on bands, albums and music.
- Limitless Laowai – a new favorite and a great voice for the laowai (means foreigner) community in Shanghai and China. I love Ally Mona’s positive message and varied topics.
- 20 Minute Yoga Sessions – free, mini yoga classes. These vary for different purposes and are great pick-me-ups!